Sunday, February 5, 2012

Domestic Fashion // Antlers

This is a trend in home decor right now that I cannot seem to get enough of! And I have to admit that I love it. All you wives of hunters, rejoice! Deer Mounts are in! But it has to be done right. If you don't want the complete cabin feel then mix those antlers with bold, modern designs and colors to contrast the burly masculine feel a set of these bad boys bring. Mixing masculine design with feminine details is one of my favorite styles. And not only is this mixing masculine with feminine, but it's also mixing rustic with modern. Plus antlers can be functional! I have seen them as jewelry holders, coat racks, book easels and more! Here are a few of my favorites. Enjoy:
via house beautiful
via domino magazine

via design sponge


via bower power blog
I could not find a source for this picture! If it's your, please claim it. Isn't it lovely?
via home design w.com by kevin sharkey

via little green notebook--and this link will lead you to a tutorial on these diy mounts.
via my sparrow blog


via go haus go
And if you don't have a hunting husband or don't feel like spending big money, then here is a diy by Go Haus Go.You can follow this diy to get this white beauty (pictured above) hung up in your home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...